To create this poster, we looked at qualities we wish to develop in our programme for the girls, and some of the means.
At St Margaret’s we are a family school offering a community of support and a secure environment outside the home.
- We give our pupils warmth, stability and cohesiveness alongside positivity in our approach at all times.
- We promote strong social connections between staff and pupils and among the girls and between school and home.
- We nurture vital qualities such as empathy, optimism or forgiveness and give pupils a chance to use them.
- We avoid focusing on negative behaviour or failure and teach by example.
- We foster feelings of competence and self-efficacy encouraging self-reflection and the ability to accept failure at a task, so that all girls are encouraged to just ‘have a go’.
Above all we listen, respond and guide our pupils towards developing strong feelings of self-worth.
Here are some useful links to websites for wellbeing issues.
Please see below for a brief introduction about our school counsellor, Mrs Pilar Rodrigo.